Kitchen remodeling is by far one of the best investments a homeowner can make.
If home is where the heart is, then kitchens are clearly one of the vital areas that convert a house into a home. So it is no surprise that kitchen remodeling is among the most popular renovation projects tackled each year.
Not only does updating your kitchen breathe new life into your home, it adds value to it should you decide to sell. According to Remodeling Online’s Cost vs. Value Report, even a moderate kitchen remodeling project will return an average of 80% of its cost when it comes time to sell the home.
Most older-style kitchens can easily be updated without major structural changes. Painting the walls and replacing cabinets might be a starting point. Paul Davis is Maine’s leading authorized Merrilat cabinet dealer. Merrilat products are far superior in quality, function and style. In addition to cabinets and fresh paint, replacing vinyl flooring with ceramic tile, new counter-tops, a ceramic back-splash and a double-basin sink are modern kitchen remodeling options many homeowners consider. New appliances might be included in the face-lift such as a dishwasher or a drop-in range.
An antiquated kitchen may need to be gutted. New custom cabinets and natural stone counter-tops become the rule. Kitchen remodeling is something the chef of the house wants and deserves. Changing an inconvenient traffic flow and adding state-of-the-art appliances to make gourmet meal preparation possible is every chef’s dream.
How much you plan to budget for your kitchen remodel has as much to do with meeting your wants and needs, but also how long you plan to remain in your home. Today’s trend to retire in place means many Americans are going to make sure they include the best ideas kitchen remodeling can bring to their decision. It is our pleasure to help you work your way through all the planning, budget considerations, and decisions kitchen remodeling brings. Here is a list of preliminary questions for you to consider and discuss with us during the early planning stages:
- How often do we prepare meals in our kitchen?
- Is our kitchen the focal point of daily family life? Is the face of the refrigerator an art gallery for budding Rembrandts? How much time do we spend in the kitchen and dining room area?
- Do we have children or physically impaired family members in the kitchen?
- Do we eat in the kitchen, or is it a place for meal preparation only?
- How often is there more than one person involved in meal preparation?
- How does the current traffic flow work in our kitchen and how would we improve it?
- What are our storage needs? How often do we shop and how much room do we need for all categories of consumables?
- Are we happy with the appliances we currently have, or are we going to update them during the remodel?
- How safe and efficient is our current kitchen and what changes might we make to correct deficiencies?
- Is there enough light for meal preparation?
- Do we need more countertop surface area to prepare meals efficiently?
- Do we need a larger stove or refrigerator?
- How much are we willing to invest to have the kitchen we want?
Paul Davis is a Premier Merillat dealer
Kitchen Remodeling would not be complete without beautiful quality crafted cabinets. Merillat cabinetry can help you realize your dream of a beautiful, well-organized home. Allow Paul Davis to help you explore Merillat’s three cabinetry lines and see which one is perfect for you.
Once you have considered these questions, the next step is a discussion about your wants and needs with a Paul Davis Remodeling professional in Portland, Maine. Please contact us to get your free quote today.